Our customers receive a free Performance Check to help diagnose problems with their vehicle’s transmission, which consists of a fluid check and a road test. This provides a general overview of your car’s transmission performance and overall operation.
What Does a Performance Check Include?
The fluid check is an important component of our all-encompassing Performance Check. Generally, it serves as the first indicator of possible transmission wear and damage. If there is an unpleasant odor or discoloration in combination with other symptoms, your transmission may require an internal inspection. During our inspection of the transmission fluid, we will determine if any of these symptoms appear.
The road test is made up of 2 parts: a stationary test and a driving test. During these two tests, your transmission is checked for slipping noises, hard shifting, late or early shift patterns.
If the results of the Performance Check show that there is an internal problem with your transmission, we'll recommend further investigation via internal inspection which consists of the disassembly of the transmission. All parts will be examined for wear and damage. Once completed, our technicians will provide you with a report of those items in need of either repair or replacement, along with an estimate for those services.
5 Recommendations After a Performance Check:
● No issues found. The Performance Check indicates that no repair or adjustment is needed.
● Preventive Maintenance Service Required. This service helps to prevent transmission trouble before it starts. Our technicians will replace your vehicle’s transmission fluid and filter if applicable.
● External Adjustment/Repair. This service includes any repairs to the exterior of the transmission that does not involve the removal of the transmission.
● Reseal Service. This requires the removal of the transmission to replace all leaking external seals in your vehicle’s transmission. We perform this service after inspection of the transmission. It is designed to repair leaking transmissions which have no other internal problems.
● Internal Inspection Services. We evaluate all internal components of your vehicle’s transmission. We perform this service if the Performance Check indicates an internal transmission problem. We remove the transmission, disassemble and check all internal parts of the transmission for wear and tear. They then replace any faulty parts with those meeting OEM specifications.